Status of Chase FCRA Settlement (Duncan v. Chase)
The Magistrate Judge took the proposed settlement under consideration. Once he determines whether to approve the settlement he will make a recommendation to the Federal Judge. The Federal Judge may then accept, reject, or modify the Magistrate's recommendation. If the settlement is approved, then we expect an appeal to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, as two class members have objected to the settlement. There likely will not be any distribution of funds this year. There were over 473,000 claims filed, so any distribution will be of a rather nominal amount.
If you returned your post card or filed your claim online, assume that it was received and will be paid if and when the settlement becomes final.
Experience You Can Trust
We have more than 40 years of combined experience providing comprehensive legal representation to individuals and businesses. We provide creative and efficient solutions to meet your legal needs.
Helping You With Your Legal Problems
We are well-equipped to handle every aspect of your case, whether that involves helping you decide what to do with your legal problem, negotiating a settlement, or trying your case in a state, federal, probate, or bankruptcy court, or even in an arbitration proceeding.
We have the experience, knowledge and skills to represent clients in all types of legal matters involving:
- Business debt collection, including collection litigation, judgment collection, foreign judgment domestication and probate and bankruptcy litigation
- Business ownership disputes between partners, shareholders, members
- Consumer protection cases, including class action lawsuits
- Civil litigation matters, including all types of real estate and investment disputes
- Probate and trust litigation, including fiduciary litigation, will contests, and other cases resolved in probate court
Quality Representation by Reputable Attorneys
We are known for providing efficient, high-quality legal services. Call our law firm at 800-651-2721 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.